- Position:full sun or partial shade
- Soil:poor or moderately fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July and August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
The grey-green and cream foliage of this distinctive hebe emerges in spring with a raspberry-pink flush, and then when the temperatures drop in the winter, it takes on a pink flush once again. A bushy evergreen, it forms a compact dome, and is topped in midsummer with short sprays of purple flowers. A showy little number, it looks eye-catching at the front of the border, and is ideal for pots.
- Garden care:Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring.